The web is already buzzing with iPad3 rumor mills starting from its retina display-like high resolution, A6 quad-core processor, and support for 4G LTE networks. In addition to these what if Apple surprises us with a host of other killer features. Below are some of the items that are on top of the wish lists of iPad users.
1. Different form factor – Apple is known for its historical stand against 7-inch like devices. But there were rumors of an iPad mini. It would be good if Apple gives a choice to its customers in choosing their device size.
2. Siri on iPad 3 – Imagine dictating Siri to send a mail for you! Siri on iPad 3 can attract enterprise customers. Recently 9to5mac found some references of ‘Siri Dictation’ in the iOS 5.1 Beta update. A new section labeled ‘About Privacy and Dictation’ in the keyboard menu raises further hopes on Siri featuring in iPad3.
3. Cut the Glare – Apple should take a cue from Amazon Kindle and work on eliminating the glare which will further improve the user experience.
4. Take the gaming to the next level – How about having 3D support and Vibration effects? That would enhance the gaming experience on an iPad. App developers can leverage the power of A6 quad-core processor to develop gaming space further.
5. Payment solutions using near field communications – Here, Google is ahead of Apple as it already launched Google Wallet service. But again this is more of a smart-phone feature, but good to have on a tablet also.
6. Battery: Apple should continue to improve the battery life as tablets are portable devices and people cannot charge them frequently, particularly during travel. Apple should even consider options of wireless charging of tablets.
Considering Apple’s legacy, it is not too much to expect, as Apple keeps surprising the consumers and the market with their avant-garde features and ideas.